Thursday, September 8, 2016

Song of the Day - Powerful - Major Lazer, feat. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley


It never ceases to amaze me how much good music comes and goes without notice.  Corporations and radio stations...ugh!  Instead of getting to know some of the great stuff out there that undeservedly fades into obscurity without getting a chance to shine, we are consistently treated to the same songs over and over and over until we trulu get sick of them (see Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling, Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk, etc., etc., etc.).

Well there is a lot of great stuff out there that no one ever gets to hear and that is one of the reasons I run this blog.  Most people who know me know that I have good taste in music, and if I find something good enough to post here, then it is worth a listen.  Case in point, this wonderful duet between Ellie Goulding and a singer by the name of Tarrus Riley, from Major Lazer's third album Peace Is the Mission.  This is one of those tunes that I Shazamed in a mall last week and I became disappointed just now when I discovered it was released more than a year ago, in June of 2015.

This is one of those songs that I liked the first time I heard it, and hopefully you will too.  Ellie Goulding's raspy voice blends well with Riley's big pipes, especially on the ear-pleasing and memorable chorus. Check out Powerful...  




No comments:

Post a Comment