Saturday, February 29, 2020

Song of the Day - I Did My Best - The Voidz

Image result for the originals ending

I just finished watching the series finale of The Originals, a spinoff series of The Vampire Diaries that follows the trials and tribulations of the Michaelson family, Klaus, Elijah, Freya, Rebecca, Cole, Finn and Marcel, the original vampires of the world.  Throughout the series, there was one theme that represented the very heart of the show, one that shone through in its final moments, and that is the vow that they all kept to one another throughout, Always and Forever, and that's just how the show ended.  

Many of my fellow horror enthusiasts would probably say the same thing as I, and that is even throughout all of the supernatural storylines, and mystical qualities of a good show such as this, we are presented a story to which we all can relate, a story about the human condition, and here it is love and undying support for family.  To me, today's song would have been a good representation of the finale and the series itself, as the narcissistic and self-serving members of the Michaelson family each found redemption in the end, and the realization that they all did their very best, tied up the show in a very emotional way.  So cheers to The Originals, a series that I will always cherish.


No comments:

Post a Comment