Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Thanksgiving Song of the Day - Kind and Generous - Natalie Merchant

Image result for thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Today is a special day for taking time to appreciate all you've got in life and to not focus on the things that aren't as rosy, so here are some of the things I am thankful for this year:

I am thankful for have my family, a group of people in this world who love me unconditionally and I know will always be there for me.

I am thankful for my other family, my friends, who bring me love, open ears and open minds, and plenty of good times.  

I am thankful to Vinny, who has brought me an unwavering light into my life, someone whom I can call my partner, and someone who's innocence and goodness I cherish.

I am thankful for my students, past and present, my children, who oftentimes give me my reason for being, for showing me their own appreciation, and for being my family during my daily life.

I am thankful for my coworkers, who bring me some solace in the craziness that is my work life.

I am thankful for having the talent and smarts to do a job I was born to do and affords me the ability to experience some of the best life has to offer. 

There, just writing this all down gave me time to think about all of these things that I am lucky to have in my life.  It's just what the doctor ordered.  Happy Thanksgiving! Now, here's a song I post every year on this day, not only because it fits, but because I love it...






No comments:

Post a Comment