Thursday, April 18, 2019

Song of the Day - Medellin - Madonna, Maluma

Image result for madonna medellin

Talk about good timing!  I am leaving for Europe today and yesterday, Madonna dropped a brand new single!  The song is called Medellin and it features Colombian reggaeton superstar Maluma.  I can't really describe it better than Ann Powers at NPR:

The first single from Madonna's upcoming Madame X suggests that the doyenne of dance pop is making canny decisions in her 60th year. "Medellin" is a carefully dosed combination of the coolly narcotic dance-pop she's often made with the track's producer, Mirwais, and the energetic reggaetón of the track's featured guest, the Colombian star Maluma, and suggests this global pop sound will be the foundation of her fourteenth studio album. Starting with a whispered "one, two, cha cha cha" from Queen Madge that lends the arrangement a witty vintage feel, the song proceeds to relate a fantasy that's both sexy and slightly nostalgic. "I took a pill and had a dream," Madonna murmurs, her voice artfully Auto-tuned. "I went back to my seventeenth year."

Well, I love the sound and am so looking forward to the new record due out in June.  In the meantime, here's Medellin...


Well, I am off to Amsterdam and s few other places for the next twenty days, so I will catch you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment