Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Song of the Day - La Vie En Rose - Grace Jones

This Sunday, I will be in Paris, France, where the unthinkable happened yesterday.  Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you most likely saw the terrible blaze that took down much of Notre Dame in that City of Lights.  Almost 800 years that cathedral withstood wars and the test of time and who would have ever thought an accidental fire would bring it down.  Though I'd passed it on all three of my trips to Paris, we never got to go and see it up close.  Funny, but my pal Kristen actually said she was going to try and bring the group to it this time.  Now...

Image result for notre dame

I don't know too many French songs, and even though Grace Jones is not French and the song is about a happy life, the music and song to me are beautiful and so my way of paying some sort of tribute to that lost, beautiful structure which indeed had a Vie en Rose...

No comments:

Post a Comment