Friday, November 11, 2016

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Wake Me Up - Avicii, feat. Aloe Blacc

Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start


So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself and I
Didn't know I was lost

In a less than ordinary week I've been struggling to find a way to soldier on with life. On Wednesday I decided to go without music for a day and therefore there was no Song of the Day post.  I didn't even listen to music during my long ride to work, not wanting it to interfere with my thought-process in trying to make sense of all that's happened this week.  Tuesday's election is still a very bitter pill to swallow and whatever divisions existed before the event seem to have intensified in the days since.  It's really such a sad place to be!

I've got a million, yet nothing to say about it, for now, but I think I speak for many of my fellow Americans when I say that some of the lyrics to this song, especially the chorus, kind of sum up how we've been feeling as we grapple our way towards both acceptance and resolve.  So for what it's worth, check out Avicii with Aloe Blacc and their tune Wake Me Up...  




No comments:

Post a Comment