Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Song of the Day - You Learn - Alanis Morissette

Image result for jagged little pill lyrics

Just a couple of weeks ago, my sister Chrissy asked me if I'd like to go with her to see Alanis Morissette in June and when I said I would she got so excited.  It was, in both of our minds, something to look forward to and hopefully something that would make our relationship that much closer.  She loved her family and I think she carried a lot of guilt for what she thought was a disappointment to us.  In reality, she never fully realized that through all of the troubles, we loved her back unconditionally anyway.

I chose this song for today because too many people, including my sister, don't always learn from their life's mistakes and only repeat them over and over to the same result.  I've always prided myself on learning from my experiences and though I know it can be difficult, oftentimes not learning from them can lead to a tragic ending.  So please, the next time you make a mistake in your life, take a step back and look at what you did and why it was a mistake, and learn from it.  It could only make your life a better one!  Peace!  


No comments:

Post a Comment