Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Song of the Day - Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp

Image result for jack and diane

A little ditty, 'bout Jack and Diane...

John Mellencamp is one of my favorite artists of all time.  I know that might sound hard to believe, considering the types of music I usually post here.  Sure, dance/pop music is my favorite type, but being a former disc jockey and a lifelong music lover, I can work a dance floor like nobody's business, but I can also rock with the best of em.

Anyway, I remember going to see John Mellencamp at Jones beach in the late 90's or so.  It is still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  So when I saw his name on my Spotify playlists yesterday, I hit play and jammed to it all, from the hard-driving Crumblin' Down and Paper In Fire to the boogie woogie of Wild Nights and of course, the Mid-American classic, the story of Jack & Diane...  


No comments:

Post a Comment