Thursday, January 3, 2019

Song of the Day - Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tenille

Image result for love will keep us together

In case you haven't heard the news, I am sorry to be the one breaking it to you, but Daryl Dragon, the "Captain" in the pop duo Captain & Tenille, passed away late yesterday at the age of 76.  I never thought I'd be posting one of their songs here, but they were undeniably a part of my musical youth.  Who remembers, but I probably even had one or two of their albums back in the 70's when they were popular and I was a pre-teen.  Their songs were everywhere back then and if you were around at the time, you surely remember pop ditties like Shop Around, Muskrat Love, Do That To Me One More Time, and this one, their first big hit which earned them a Grammy back in 75.  Here's the still so catchy Love Will Keep Us Together...  


Rest In Peace Captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment