Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Song of the Day - Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine

Image result for dog days are over

All of life to me is music, and whenever I take a trip there are certain songs that will stand out as being a part of that trip.  Florence + The Machine's Dog Days Are Over will definitely be a part of the memories of this past weekend in Cedar Point, and it all started with another memory jarred in the car.  For whatever reason, I had put a lot of tunes on my Cedar Point playlist from my old Splash days and this was one of them.  I remember it clearly...

...I had met a guy in Splash who had been vacationing in New York from Brazil.  We got to talking and dancing and decided to drive uptown to the Ritz for some more fun.  That's when this song came on  Well, this stranger and I had such a good time rocking it out in the car that I will remember it always, and I shared the memory with the boys during the drive.  Lo and behold, on one of our first rides on Steel Vengeance, guess what song was playing on the video screen?  Yup....always such fun....

Run fast for your mother and fast for your father
Run for your children, from your sister and your brother
Leave all your love, all your lovin' behind
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive....  


No comments:

Post a Comment