Friday, October 26, 2018

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - With Every Heartbeat - Robyn

Maybe we could make it all right
We could make it better sometime
Maybe we could make it happen, baby

We could keep trying but things will never change

So I don't look back
Still I'm dying with every step I take
But I don't look back

Image result for with every heartbeat

There are just certain artists that I just connect with on such a deep level...their songwriting, their music, their just, well everything, and Robyn is one of those artists.  Robyn ranks right up there with Madonna and P!nk for me and today is a very special day for Robyn releases her newest album, Honey, her first since 2010's incredible Body Talk series.  This is a huge deal!

I've already read two reviews of the new record and they were both stellar and I can't wait to get my ears all over them sometime later today myself.  So far, though, I love what I know, the vintage Missing U and the ethereal Honey.  Stay tuned for a review of this one.

In the meantime, expect a few Robyn ditties over the next couple of days to celebrate the artist that's been gone too long.  Here's a song that meant a lot to me at one time.  Like many of the songs on Body Talk, this one from her previous set, Robyn, helped tell the story of a deeply heartfelt period in my life as if she were witness.  The melancholic With Every Heartbeat helped me to get to the end of that painful period, and the song will always be special to me.  Check it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment