Sunday, June 25, 2017

Pride Weekend Song of the Day - Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, feat. Mary Lambert

Image result for pride day

Although there is plenty not to love about going into NYC for the Pride Parade...huge crowds, the heat, tired feet...I always feel a certain invisible pull, something that makes me want to be a part of it because there is something special about being there.  I was there when New York State legalized same sex marriage, and again when it became the law of the land, but this year I am unfortunately committed to festivities at school which prevent me from going.  This song has become an anthem for the movement over the last few years, from a straight ally who puts it all so succinctly and with no b.s., just truth.  So for whatever it's worth, Happy Pride Day everyone!  Check out Same Love...  



No comments:

Post a Comment