Saturday, October 12, 2019

Song of the Day - Lights Up - Harry Styles

Image result for harry styles lights up

Wow, wow, wow!  I guess I was just as surprised...maybe even more surprised than anybody that Harry Styles dropped a new song yesterday.  Of course, there are literally hundreds of reviews and posts about Lights Up and its accompanying video, and maybe a lot of that attention is an offshoot to post-One Direction mania.  I look at the surprise as pleasant simply because I loved Harry's debut solo album and look forward to seeing where he goes next, musically.  

Well, a little over 24 hours and a few listens later, I'm still trying to decide.  The song seems nothing like any of the tunes on the previous record, and is not one that'll stick in your head after just a listen or two.  That being said, it's got an ethereal quality that's soothing and melodic and I'm sure it will grow on me fast.  As for the video, well it's very sexually charged and very appropriate for its release on National Coming Out Day.  Take a look and see what I mean.  Here's Light's Up...


No comments:

Post a Comment