Sunday, August 25, 2019

Song of the Day - Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

Image result for beautiful christina aguilera

Today is a special day for me...and for Christina Aguilera, oddly enough.  You see, I read this morning that today is the twentieth anniversary of the release of her eponymous debut album.  I immediately began thinking of posting one of her songs from that album, but none of them markedly fit the day for me.  Besides, I was never really a big fan of Christina until her classic Stripped album three years later.

Today is the very first one-year anniversary I've experienced since 1988, with my ex Joe.  That relationship went to twenty, and I don't think I'll ever reach that milestone again, but in the twelve years since he and I parted ways, I haven't managed any sort of relationship longer than six months...until now.  

For his own privacy, I won't share his name, but today's song surely relates to the significance of our existence as a couple.  You see, it was one year ago today I journeyed over to Cherry Grove on Fire Island with a bunch of friends.  There was this guy I, and a couple of my friends, had noticed all around that afternoon and evening.  He was there alone and he was beautiful.  I tried not to give him one thought, thinking he was just too beautiful to like me.  I was wrong!

At one point later in the evening, I had gotten frustrated with some of my friends and went of to dance on my own.  That was when he jumped in.  I was surprised, and a little suspicious as to why, but we danced and chatted for a long time...and yeah, he was beautiful!  He liked good music and he could dance pretty good, so that was a bonus, but I still wasn't thinking anything about he and I until he asked for my number.

So I gave him my number and we parted ways, running into one another again on the ferry ride back.  I was nursing an inebriated friend, and he was sitting across from me, motioning me over.  I was still surprised that he was interested in me.  That was when I caught another glimpse of him up close, (and he loves this part!), and all I could muster up to say was "You're beautiful!" 

I've learned, though, in the year that has now passed, that though he is still...beautiful...to look at, but he is even more beautiful on the inside.  I've been spending my weekends and occasional evenings...even a week in San Francisco with a person who is kind, considerate, sweet, and oozing with love for others.  So happy anniversary babe!  Here's to us and here's Beautiful...     


No comments:

Post a Comment