Friday, May 17, 2019

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - I Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley

Image result for i can't help falling in love with you elvis presley

I know this is a bit out of character for me, but I've been listening to a lot of Elvis lately.  You see, I've never really admitted to it, but both my mom and dad were big Elvis fans and I pretty much grew up learning a lot of his music.  Of course there were so many songs to choose from, but I chose this one in particular for a reason...

First of all, I Can't Help Falling In Love is one of the most tender, beautiful songs ever recorded.  Secondly, my mom and my dad.  A few years back, I had gone to a cousin's wedding in upstate New York with my mom.  It was a really nice wedding and we both had a good time overall.  Well, sometime during the reception, I had gone outside for a smoke and when I returned to the reception hall, my mom was outside the party room, crying.  This song had played and for the first time since he had passed away, Elvis made my mom think of my dad and at that moment, I saw love I hadn't seen in a long time.  Pretty special!  Here's Elvis...




No comments:

Post a Comment